There are some Nutrients that are important for our Immunity
Helps to break virus chains, found in fruits, vegetables such as broccoli and tomatoes- get from other citrus fruits as well; try kiwi, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, bell peppers in the red variety and butternut squash, adding lemon juice to drinks, for added Vitamin C
Get these vitamins from whole grain products and nuts in the right portion size due to fat content.
Food sources of vit E are:
- Vegetable oils (such as wheat germ, sunflower, safflower, corn, and soybean oils)
- Nuts (such as almonds, peanuts, and hazelnuts/filberts)
- Seeds (such as sunflower seeds)
- Green leafy vegetables (such as spinach and broccoli)
- Fortified breakfast cereals, fruit juices, margarine, and spreads.
Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Found in flaxseed and other seed oils, fatty fish such as mackerel, tuna, salmon and anchovies – has antioxidants to help the immune system to clear toxins such as bioflavonoids found in vegetables and fruits
Special immune boosting properties (found in turkey, beans of all types)
To know about zinc rich foods click on the link: https://www.healhtymenia.com/nutrition/top-8-foods-high-in-zinc/
Found in sunflower seeds, chicken and whole grain rice
Yogurt and probiotics
Yogurt contains probiotics that help in the functioning of the immune system. Also helps in digestion.
Such as found in tea increase the immune system (white, black, green tea). Also found in citrus fruits in high quantities – also soothes the throat and hot tea warms us up which helps with immune responses.
High in antioxidants with cancer fighting properties, antiviral, antibacterial – good source of Vitamin B, fiber and minerals selenium and copper. Increases cytokine production to fight infections in the body.
- Drink plenty of water
- Wash your hands – good handwashing techniques ward off viruses and bacteria that can invade our bodies and cause illness and infection