Dehydration is a condition that occurs, when a person use or lose more fluid than he take in. And his body does not have enough water and other fluids to carry out its normal functions. If he will not replace the lost fluids, he will get dehydrated. So Healthy Tips to Prevent Dehydration in summer are very necessary for an individual.
Cause of Dehydration:
Usually an excessive sweating, vomiting and diarrhea can cause dehydration. And dehydration causes the deficiency of electrolytes.
Severe dehydration is very dangerous for us. Because our body loss water from organs, cells and tissues and fail to function.
Sign and symptoms of dehydration:
- Dry lips and tongue
- Dry sticky mouth
- Concentrated urin that appear darker than normal.
- weakness, dizziness and fatigue
- Low blood pressure
- Sunken eyes
- Dry Skin
- Rapid heartbeat
- Rapid breathing
Here are some healthy tips to prevent dehydration in summer:
- Drink 8-12 glasses of water daily.
- Drink 17-20 ounces (2_3cups) of water before beginning any activity.
- Add lemon in drinking water because it boosts hydration of body.
- Take juices of fruits and vegetables.
- Choose high fluid foods like soups, pureed fruits, custard and jelly.
- Eat watermelon because it contains 92% water as well as electrolytes.
- Drink coconut water because its a natural drink contains five main electrolytes which include sodium, potassium, megnessium, calcium and phosphorus.
- Drink homemade lemon ginger elecrolyte drink, for recipe click on the link below:
- Avoid or reduce the consumption of tea and coffee. Because both contain an active ingredient called caffeine. Caffeine increases the blood flow towards your kidney and encourage them to flush out more water from your body that affect hydration status of your body.
- Wear light coloured and loose fitting clothes.
You can find here some natural and healthy tips for weight gain